Ronny's world's best

Posted by Fiez | Posted in , , | Posted on 7:58 PM

0

Cristiano Ronaldo has added the 2008 FIFA World Player of the Year award to his impressive collection of individual honours.
The Manchester United superstar struggled to hold back the tears as he paid an emotional tribute to his team-mates and family.

Ronaldo, 23, said: “This is a unique moment for me. I’d like to dedicate this to my father, my mother, my brothers and sisters.


“To my mother and my sisters I’d like to say you can now light up the fireworks. I’d also like to thank my team-mates.”


Ronaldo became the first Premier League ace to win the award since its launch 18 years ago.


He also won the European Footballer of the Year award after a remarkable season in which he scored 42 goals in 49 games. He led United to a Premier and Champions League double.


Ronaldo added: “The past year was something great but winning this award adds a very special something to that.”


He had earlier hailed United boss Alex Ferguson as the man behind his success.


Ronaldo said: “Sir Alex has had an important role to play in my life.


“Last season was a great one for me, my club and the boss was important for me because I learned a lot from him.


“His immense experience is of paramount importance and it’s a privilege to be able to be a part of the history of such a big club as United.



“I think that I can become part of the history of this club but you can’t get anywhere without a great manager.”


from www.thesun.co.uk






Comments (0)